It’s all for a fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of West Central Illinois called “Diamonds Are Forever” Casino Night. The not-for-profit organization’s executive director Cindy Denby says the event is happening from 6:00 to 11:00 Friday night.
“Tickets are $30 a person or $50 a couple, and that gives them $500 worth of gambling chips and it gives them food for the evening," Denby. "We're having a live DJ that night so there will be dancing and partying in that aspect."
She says there will be all of the Vegas-style casino games, and “gamblers” can cash in their gaming chips for raffle tickets. There will also be a silent auction featuring a variety of prizes including tickets to St. Louis Cardinals games.
There will also be celebrity bartenders serving up drinks, including a couple of familiar voices. WLDS-WEAI News Director Nick Kovatch and WEAI Morning Man Jon Kleeman will join:
- Gigi Patterson, Executive Director of The Nursery School, with Kathy Fellhauer, Executive Director of the First Presbyterian Day Care.
- Jess Spradlin, Auctioneer and Owner of Jess Spradlin Mobile Home Sales, with his wife Daphne Spradlin.
- Adam Grojean, of Grojean Insurance Agency, with his wife Amy Grojean. These two are soon-to-be Bigs through the Big Brothers Big Sisters Couples match program.
- Kim Fellhauer, Owner of Bogart's Banquet Hall, with Judy Barton, owner of the West Morgan Depot.
- And Laurie Peak of Nestle.
Denby says Big Brothers Big Sisters of West Central is thriving, but they need all the help they can get to fund the organization.
“We’re close to over 100 matches over what we did the previous year," says Denby. "We're just really doing well, but because we don't get any federal or state aid we need to have fundraisers to be able to pay for those matches."
To reserve tickets to the “Diamonds Are Forever” Casino Night call 217-243-3821.